e: OS Work from the OS world web site

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Wed May 15 06:58:31 PDT 2002

Dear Peggy,
just got a call from a colleague (trained in open space but no
business yet) who told me full of excitement that she got her first
offer from someone who had seen her name on my website where I keep a
running toll of the os-events I am involved in including the
mentioning of the names of the assistants. She was one of the
assistants in an open space that apparently has something to do with
the os that the sponsor calling her had some interest in. In this
case it was also important that the assistants full name was given
because they were looking for a woman.
Now this tells me that apparently a source (my website) that gives
concrete information (os events) coupled with information on who was
involved in facilitation/assistance (facilitators, assistants) is a
way of getting calls.
I am not sure that it brings business but that it is more a vehicle
that supplies information to people who already know that they want
to work with os.
Maybe this could be part of a strategy around our worldwide site.
I will keep thinking
hugs
michael

--Original Message Text---
From: Peggy Holman
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 15:05:25 -0700

I've got a really practical question for the people on this list.

There was a message a few months ago on the future search listserv
that mentioned that "We are getting numerous requests via the new web
site for pro bono futuresearches, paid work, presentations at
professional meetings, and training,including inquiries from the U.S.
and Canada, Mexico, India, Guatemala andSouth America."  I was
impressed that the site brought business.

It got me thinking...has anyone gotten work as a result of
www.openspaceworld.org?  Is this something that would be a useful
thing for the web site to generate?  If so, anyone interested in
noodling on how that might happen?

Peggy

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON: +49 - 30-772 8000   FAX: +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de