The Village Is Gathering Š An Invitation to learning village in Castle Borl

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Thu May 2 00:02:10 PDT 2002

Hello friends and collegues.

Sorry for any cross posting - but you are so welcome......hope to see
some of you there.....

greetings

- toke

*********

We invite you to Castle Borl in Slovenia, July 6-13, 2002

The Village Is Gathering Š

The Thought of Something Else

A spring wind blowing
the smell of the ground
through the intersections of traffic,
the mind turns, seeks a new
nativity -- another place,
simpler, less weighted
by what has already been.

Another place!
it's enough to grieve me --
that old dream of going,
of becoming a better [wo]man
just by getting up and going
to a better place.

The mystery. The old
unaccountable unfolding.
The iron trees in the park
suddenly remember forests.
It becomes possible to think of going.

-- a place where thought
can take its shape
as quietly in the mind,
as water in a pitcher,
or a [wo]man can be
safely without thought
-- see the day begin
and lean back,
a simple wakefulness filling
perfectly
the spaces among the leaves.

- Wendell Berry

Come and dwell in the village of Castle Borl. Come and join us as we
taste the Future together. Come and connect with fellow villagers,
travellers, wanderers and dreamers of the world.

Come and live the world we want now.

Bring your gifts, share your learning, share your wares, receive what
you need. Come dwell in the village to improve your practice and to
replenish yourself.

As hosts of this gathering we invite you to come into this Open Space
to co-create your own and others' learning.

Come explore with us the questions:

"What do we need, and want to create, to live a life-affirming future NOW?"

"What is the potential that is trying to emerge through our
networking and networks?"

To help you join this co-creative flow, we have included our design
principles below. We hope you will join us!

Design Principles

1.      To make it possible for everyone's voice to be heard, and
their offering and contribution to be received.
2.      To call forth inspiration and emergence not just products and plans
3.      To experiment with how to compose and co-create.
4.      To be able to use what we have learned in our lives.
5.      We are all peers; we are all here to learn and take shared
responsibility for the village to work at all levels.
6.      Periods of rest contribute to the quality of our work.
7.      Whoever comes is the right people
8.      Whatever happens is the only thing that could have happened
9.      Whenever it starts it is the right time.
10.     When it is over, it is over !
11.     The law of two feet - if you at any point are not able to
learn or contribute something where you are - use your feet to go
where you will learn and contribute.

We look forward to seeing many of you for what will surely be an
extraordinary experience,

Zoë Nicholson, Una Nicholson, Toke Møller, Alenka Zavasnik, Sabina
Sneider, Daniel Hinz, Marta Bozic, Bob Stilger, Tatiana Glad, Tim
Merry, Natalka Chickova,

From the Four Directions, IDRIART, Pioneers of Change

***  Apologies for cross-postings! ***

Details

Dates:

Saturday 6 July, 4 pm - Friday 12 July evening
(departure day Saturday 13 July)
On the evening of July 6 we are invited to experience the Sibelius
Violin Concerto with Miha Pogacnik (violin) and members of Slovenian
Radio Symphony Orchestra. We will be seated among the players of the
orchestra to experience the process "from within".

Venue:

Castle Borl, Slovenia.

The castle originates from the Middle Ages and it is said to be the
ancestral home of Parsifal, one of the knights of the Round Table who
went on the quest for the Holy Grail. It offers a unique setting
where you can live unexpected quality moments and take home a
treasure of new creative forces to continue your own life quest.

Price:

We want to encourage who ever wants to learn and share their talents
and gifts to join us in the village from all countries and
backgrounds. In working out the price of this event, we have based
the price taking into account people's different financial means and
circumstances. Since this event will give us a great opportunity to
involve a lot of new people from Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia and
Latin America we calculated different fees according to different
financial circumstances. Fee does not cover accommodation. Please
choose according to your possibilities:

Normal fee: 250 EUR

Lower fee: 180 EUR

For participants from low-cost countries that can't afford the lower
fee: 120 EUR

Village pot:

We want everyone to be able to come and learn, so if you want to come
don't let money be a barrier and contact us. If you need support
please let us know when you send us your application form to the
address below.

If you feel that you can contribute more to the event, which would
enable others to participate, please contact Alenka at
alenka at borl.org for the details on the village pot. All your help is
greatly appreciated and will help others to fund either the
travelling costs or the fee.

Accommodation:

Castle Borl is in a relatively poor state as it has been unoccupied
for about 30 years.

We will be accommodated in nearby hotels, hostels, cottages and
campsite. Prices vary (from 15 to 42 EUR; camping 2,5 EUR per person).

For more details, please visit
<http://village.borl.org/>http://village.borl.org

Travel:

The castle is situated in eastern Slovenia, near the town of Ptuj, on
the main road between Maribor (Slovenia), and Varazdin (Croatia),
where 16th Meridian crosses the river Drava.
The nearest airports are in Graz (Austria), Zagreb (Croatia) and
Ljubljana (Slovenia). Transfers from airports can be organised.
(Cheaper flights from London to Graz available by Ryanair.com)

More travel information available at
<http://village.borl.org/>http://village.borl.org

Contact

For more information please contact
Alenka Zavasnik
e-mail: alenka at borl.org
cell: + 386 41 534 736
and visit our home page <http://village.borl.org>http://village.borl.org

Please send your registration form by May 31st, 2002!!!