Access Queen says plan ahead...

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Thu May 30 17:22:11 PDT 2002

Hello, all -

In my role as Access Queen, I want to remind you that if you would like to
come to the OSonOS in OZ (this year's global Open Space on Open Space, which
will take place in Melbourne, Australia), you may wish to plan ahead and get
your travel tickets now.

The Australian dollar is rising a bit against the US dollar, so if you are
coming from points beyond it is best to buy your travel tickets earlier than
later.  Fares may be increasing, soon, as well, according to our OSonOSinOZ
Travel Goddess, Joy Doylend.

The gathering is November 9-12, but depending on where you're coming in from
you may wish to rest a few days in Melbourne so you'll be fresh for the OS.
A bus will leave Melbourne for the OS site on Saturday afternoon, November
9th.

And then if you can you may wish to stay awhile after.  Joy can help you
plan your trip according to your budget, from the very pared-down to the
lush and extravagant (in which case, take me along!).

Joy can probably get you a MUCH better price on things than your own travel
agent or travel service.

You can reach Joy at

joy at jstravel.com.au

...and she'll help you plan out some options.

And if you're REALLY low on cash, now is the time to think creatively to see
how we can raise more money and share resources (including frequent flyer
miles) with those among us of lower incomes.

More on that in a future message.

For now, just see about the possibility by contacting Joy, and then you'll
know what sorts of resources you'll need.

Take care, fellow Space travelers,

Lisa

- - -
L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator
Open Space Technology and Experiential Learning

2325 Oregon
Berkeley, California
94705-1106  USA
(+01) 510 548-8449