world map

Koos de Heer koosdhr at auryn.nl
Mon Mar 25 03:08:27 PST 2002

Dear Michael,

Thanks for this great map!  I think the best way to show this on any other
website is by linking it, that way any change you make to the original map
will automatically be reflected on the other sites hosting it. The only
glitch might be that if it becomes very popular, the performance of the
original site (your own) might suffer. But if that happens, we can change
the approach; after all, most people maintaining these links will be on
this list I assume.

I have two suggestions to make for improvements to the map:

1. It looks as if Belgium is still blank. As a board member of the Open
Space Institute for The Netherlands and Flanders (Flanders being the
northern half of Belgium), I can assure you that Space is being opened in
Belgium on a regular basis.

2. It looks as if Tibet is not on the map as a seperate country, but
instead shown as part of China. It lies just north of Nepal and India.
China claims that Tibet is a Chinese province. This claim has been resisted
nonviolently for over 40 years by the Tibetan people and the Tibetan
government in exile. The things China is doing in Tibet are no different
from what happened in Europe during WWII. My wish is that we support the
Tibetan nonviolent resistance by showing Tibet as a seperate country on any
world map (or map of Asia) that we create.

Best wishes,
Koos

At 21:47 23-3-2002 +0100, you wrote:
>some of you want to place the world map into your website, you are
>welcome, of course.
>All yo" have to do is to click onto the map with your right mouse
>button and then click "save" in the pop up menue and tell the machine
>where you want it saved.
>The other method is to link to my site or to the openspaceworld site
>once Michael has put it in there.
>Here is the link to the map again.:
>http://www.michaelmpannwitz.de/openspace_map.htm
>have fun
>michael
>
>(am in the midst of 2,5 days of os on implementation of youth
>policies through youths themselves , its the evening of the second
>day, 200 participants, 78 issues of which 64 group results are now
>being  printed in a book of proceedings. Tomorrow there will be a
>morning of action space.)
>

>Michael M Pannwitz
>Draisweg 1
>12209 Berlin, Germany
>FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
>Fax2mail: 49-30-263 917 301 521
>www.michaelMpannwitz.de
>
>To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but
>the message):
>"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
>SUBJECT field should be left BLANK
>
>*