from OS Institute (US) board

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 03:23:01 PST 2002

Dear List

When I introduce the Process to groups, I say there have been more
than 40,000 events in over 50 countries.  I don't know if there is
any evidence for this statement, but it makes people feel better to
know there is a proven approach.

It may be easier to suggest OST in North America, but the UK is a
different story.  Many European countries are very hierarchial and
not use to bottom-up inputs from self-organizing events.  So, we have
a credibility issue and an open database helps deal with this.

We use OST in 85% of our events, because it works.   We won't change
our preference, although I resent implications these ideas are
"corporate."  I have stayed out of the corporate world for decades,
because I do not like corporate values.

My suggestions were just that, suggestions.  I am perfectly capable
of "paddling my own canoe" and will continue to do so.  I still feel
we could help ourselves around the world even if we knew how many
countries had experience of OST.

Regards

Kerry Napuk
Open Futures Ltd.