Open Space -- The Credible incredible - Thank you for this rich and dynamic dialogue......

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Thu Mar 7 03:04:10 PST 2002

Dear Ost community

Thank you for  this rich and dynamic dialogue......I have  been
enjoying and reflecting  on these treads of credibility building,
more or less structure in the OST community, purpose of the board and
now the  GRAND IMPERIAL MASTER OPTION
- maybe the most wonderful solution to all our problems......unless
we remember that it has been tried  many times before and did not
work well as far as I have seen at least.

  - the dialogue seems to hit the core of our different practise,
beliefs and assumptions in this work of opening space for ourselves
and some others....... and cover a great necessity looking at the
core of what we share here.

  I have felt space opening and closing like breath as I have read the
different  opinions, insights and suggestions - some times breathing
became stressed and then relaxed with the next mail.
Our circle of open space learning bouncing in its round corners but
not breaking - i find that healthy.
  - we have not found the Truth yet - but it would be wonderful to
nail it down so that all our clients and family members etc would
finally understand what we do ??!!

.....in this strange pioneer work of transforming ourselves and our
ways of leading, meeting and organizing and discovering a simple
natural way of reconnecting as the human we are - always where by the
way ......in the original circle of humans - where clarity and
purpose, heart and courage  where leading.......and
following......dance, create  and change...

and we can keep opening, looking and learning more and doing less
- being less and letting others do more of what they want and need to .......

I hold a few questions now :

What is the intent of the OST community in the first place?

Where and how does getting started with OST practice and long time
OST experience dance in our midst ?

How do we keep inspiring each other to go for integrity and staying
the student ?

Where is the border line between a community of practise and a cult
who know best?

How to trust more than I have trusted until now ?

How to find the balance between accomodating clients and  inspire to
be a more human  amateur and less just professional  pawn?

just a few thoughts as the sun break the rainy last winterish day
here at the lake in Denmark

By the way, I find my heart saying HO to grand imperial student
Harrison's  perspectives - I feel space opening as I click his
meaning and my own .......

thanks  and cheers -

- toke

*********

--
"It's the space between the notes.....".  Miles Davis

Some of the project we are currently involved in :
Den Levende Netværksskole - et vindue mod verden   http://liv.acu-vejle.dk/
Netrepreneur - leadership training for Entrepreneurs in a networked
world  http://www.netrepreneur.dk
Art and business Folk High school   http://www.concept-for-hire.dk/ost
Open Space on Evaluation of social work   http://www.rorbak.dk/evasoc/
International network of leaders    http://www.fromthefourdirections.org/
Leadership in networks - training of small business leaders
http://www.mg50.dk/gruppe/
Convening strategic  conversations - workshop
http://www.shambhalainstitute.org/
World cafe network - Starting conversations that matter
http://www.theworldcafe.com/ComConversation.html

Toke Paludan Møller       InterChange  Aps   - at the edge of nature
- City office at  "DAYS - like this" http://www.days.dk/ - Mejlgade
50, st., 8000 C Århus, Denmark   Ph: +45 70 20 13 35.   Mobile  +45
2616 6919   Fax: +45 8619 1135
email:  toke at interchange.dk        URL: http://www.interchange.dk
Home office at the lake - Stengaardsvej 5 A,   8600 Silkeborg, Denmark