from OS Institute (US) board

john engle englejohn at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 4 09:59:49 PST 2002

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite the larger OS community into a discussion. We also
encourage those interested in implementing ideas that emerge from the
discussion to come forth.

Following the membership renewal letter recently sent by the Open Space
Institute (US) to its members, several people responded with questions and
suggestions.

On February 22nd, during the monthly teleconference call of the Open Space
Institute's (US) board, we addressed the suggestions of Kerry Napuk.  About
60 seconds into the conversation the board had consensus on two points:

1) Kerry's suggestions deserve discussion among the OS community.

2) We need to get more input from the OS community-at-large--you--as to what
should be done with these suggestions.

With Kerry's permission, here is his note:

1) Open Space, as a process, lacks a universal database of events and its
credibility suffers accordingly.

2) Database details on Open Futures’ 51 events are posted on their
website, www.openfutures.com. Do any other people on the OS List Serve post
their activity levels?  If so, would they let the List and Institute know?

3) These postings could be encouraged on the OSLIST.

4) Perhaps some recognition or labeling could follow, such as "Master
Facilitator" for groups of 50 or more, events "Grand Master" for 100 or more
or whatever.

5) Masters etc. could have direct links from your OS website to theirs.
The www.openspaceworld.org web site currently has a section for links

6) Some resources could be applied to promote the OS website.

7) Open events could be listed for potential sponsors to participate and
experience the process. We often ask people to attend an Open event to
discover what the process is all about.

Does any of this make sense to you and the Board? If so, perhaps we can
develop some initiatives by email.

Cheers,

Kerry

We, the board, express our gratitude to you, Kerry, for taking the time to
articulate these ideas and for granting us permission to share this with the
rest of the community.

Our questions to the community are:

1) What do you all think about these ideas?

2) Are there ideas here that you feel compelled to implement?

3) Is there a role/function that you would like the board to play in
exploring and/or implementing any of these ideas?

4) Of the ideas Kerry suggested, are there any services that you would like
to provide to our community, example: Michael Hermann to create a team to
update the OS website : )

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,

Board of Directors
Open Space Institute (US)
Leon DeKing, John Engle, Ric Giardina, Peg Holman, David Koehler, Clarice
Sieden, Gabriel Shirley, Janice Vincent, Jay Vogt

Téléchargez MSN Explorer gratuitement à l'adresse
http://explorer.msn.fr/intl.asp.