Point of crisis... Changing the rules...

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Jun 28 16:57:05 PDT 2002

In a message dated 6/28/02 2:00:27 PM, kinch at sympatico.ca writes:

<< Question is, should we try to find ways so that these rules become "the way

we do things around here" or, as I admit I have been doing, continue to

satisfy ourselves with pursuing the UL  and leave the LR quadrant to other

folks. After all, as the spiral dynamicists say, the health of the whole

system is the goal...

Winston--

I think that both are important, and both do affect the health of the whole
system.  I'd like to find a way to influence the larger system--but while
trying to find that opportunity, it makes sense to me to give people in
smaller, local systems some real-life experience in a new way of being
together.  I'm reminded of John Engle's work in Haiti, which he has said is
guided, in part, by trying to think what new skills people will need when
Haiti becomes a more-democratic place.

I'm hoping that the point of crisis that Ethelyn and Harrison talked about
will create some openings for new ways of being and doing.

Joelle