Tibetan bells on airplanes?

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu Jun 27 21:16:53 PDT 2002

i usually take my bells in my carry-on bag.  i take them out and sit
them on top of the bag when it goes through the scanner.  that
eliminates the need to search the bag.  but of course they always still
want to know what these things are.  so i fumble with an explanation
while they fumble with the bells, then once i'm allowed to touch them
again (examination completed) i always like to ring them there in the
security checkpoint area.  when they chime and the security person
smiles, i like to say 'they are for peace.'

--

Michael Herman
300 West North Avenue #1105

http://www.michaelherman.com