Opening Space for Peace

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 12 14:45:06 PDT 2002

Dear Friends and Colleagues

Last Fall I shared with you  reflections on some work I had been doing in
Palestine and Israel contained in a brief paper titled Almond Tree Flowers
and Tears. Many of you expressed appreciation for the paper, so I make bold
to share another small piece, this time about a most remarkable Open Space
I had the privilege to conduct in Rome for 50 Palestinians and Israelis.
The gathering was sponsored by the Italian Foreign Ministry and the
Education for Life Foundation, and took place in early June. While
virtually all of the news reports only unmitigated disaster, I found this
brief time in Rome to be a small glimmer of hope. Can you imagine 50
Palestinians and Israelis sitting in a circle, passing and olive branch
each to the other and sharing their deepest hopes and fears? It happened,
and if you would like to know more click on
http://www.openspaceworld.com/new_page_4.htm This URL will take you to our
website, and while you are there you might enjoy some of the other
resources available.

Under the heading of "Resources Available" I would like to bring to you
attention a training program that my colleague Lisa Heft and I will offer
at the end of September in San Francisco. We call it, The Practice of
Peace. It is all about the transformative powers of Open Space and the ways
in which you may use those powers to bring peace for yourself, your
organization, and our troubled world. For further information, Please
contact Lisa <lisaheft at pacbell.net> I hope you will join us.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive