News from the Field

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 9 08:48:41 PDT 2002

50 Israelis and Palestinians gathered in Open Space for three days. Worked as always. Agenda created in 20 min (surprise) consisting of 35 gut busting issues. And folks went to work. By the end of the first day there were 50 Palestinians and Israelis sitting in a circle for Evening News sharing hopes and fears. The talking stick was an olive branch. We went through some very angry and dark places but now == on the 3rd day, it is over and just beginning. Closing circle (olive branch again) went a shade over 2 hours non=stop. Usual tears and laughter. Just another day in Open Space. As I write this, an Israeli/Palestinian musical group is tuning up for the evening. My fingers are having a hard time keeping the rhythm, so I stop.

More....

Harrison