using OS for organizational designing and structuring

Averbuch averbuch at post.tau.ac.il
Mon Jul 29 03:50:28 PDT 2002

Chris, Ralph, Peggy and Harrison,

        Your contribution has been so helpful, I feel very lucky I can trust
universe to provide when I come up with a burning question...

Ralph, you wrote:
                < He was a good manager in terms of being very open to explaining anything
and everything to anyone in the company.
                He believed in transparency.  But the big decisions he kept for himself.>

this resonates with my situation.

Harrison, you wrote:
                <But the theme would not be about "re-design."  I would go for something a
lot broader,>
                <Final suggestion. Stop working so hard.>
I AGREE TO BOTH:
 I am opening space for 2 days, 20 people (management and more) to talk
about (freely translated from Hebrew - this is the broadest I negotiated)
"ways and practices to meet our business challenges  - opening an horizon
for ourselves and our firm" this will take place on Monday next week. First
day would be dialogue and second day convergence.

Yes, I do work too much lately ( both in organizations and in civil efforts
to promote some sanity in Israel- Palestine)
and this is the reason it took me so long to answer. I was quick to use your
good advice though so please forgive me for staying too long with my
response.

I will write as I proceed
thanks again
Tova