What is the message of OST?

Douglas D. Germann, Sr. 76066.515 at compuserve.com
Tue Jul 23 07:22:35 PDT 2002

To my good friends--

We have had quite a few engaging answers to the questions that started
this--
 << Should we not then discuss and confront what essential message we need
 << convey to each group? Should our message be part of our planning
process?
 << What is the message of OST?

It seems to me the idea of separation of the "facilitator" from the
"people" is not a concept deriving directly from OST principles, but from
facilitation in general. It seems to me that we have a different message,
one of "you're in charge," and "you have the wisdom."

Is that the essential message of OST?

Or perhaps it is a mutual exploration we seek to set in motion. What is the
purpose of OST?

Harrison has said that OST is neutral--even terrorist organizations can
make use of its processes. Yet I cannot picture Harrison opening space in
such a setting, can you?

There is something that gets us excited, that makes us want to do this
work. What is it? What is the soul and spirit of OST?

                              :-Doug.