Opening space, transfer-in, small spaces

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Tue Jul 9 09:53:12 PDT 2002

Dear Julie,
thanks for your posting.
You wrote

>  It's conceivable that
>using OST with teachers may lead to them using OST in THEIR classrooms.

This is the part that intrigues me most. Yes, several have as I have,
worked with teachers, with whole schools, with student body
representatives, with professional teachers associations, with
students at colleges and universities and I have worked with schools
and parts of schools and institutions around schools and schools with
their neighborhood and often schoolchildren (daycare, gradeschool,
highschool) were part of this. It was all very rich and productive
and had even sustained impact.
And everytime the teachers ask what it would be like to use it in an
ongoing elementary (or highschool) classroom. Knowing that the open
space-organisation or structure is there in the classroom makes it
clear that it can happen. For some reason, it has never been carried
further than asking the question "shouldnt we try this in our day to
day work in our classrooms (elementary etc. schools)?".
Anyone out there who has been in touch with ost in regular, ongoing
school-work at this level?
Greetings from Berlin
michael

Michael M Pannwitz
boscop
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelmpannwitz.de

An der E-Gruppe "openspacedeutsch" für deutschsprechende open space-PraktikerInnen interessiert? Enfach eine mail an mich.