IBM: virtual conference space for 52000

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Tue Jan 22 20:26:59 PST 2002

Great to hear Michael....thanks for the news.

some thing is opening up on a larger scale.......that is a result in
itself ....any new beginning is worth it if it bring us together to
converse and create........

the more from the inside out the more will help us all in the long run, I feel.

- toke

*******

>did we know about this...????
>
>may, 2001...
>

>I.B.M. Meets With 52,600, Virtually
>
>                 By BARNABY J. FEDER
>
>                   .B.M. invited all 320,000 of its employees to a
>                   marathon brainstorming session called WorldJam last
>                   week, capping a nine- month, multimillion-dollar
>                 effort to imagine and build a suitable room in cyberspace
>                 for an event that would be impossible to hold anywhere
>                 else.
>
>                 By the end of the three-day exchange, at noon on
>                 Thursday, nearly 52,600 workers had logged in at one
>                 time or another, according to WorldJam's delighted
>                 managers. The visitors generated more than 6,000
>                 proposals and comments....
>

>nobody seems to know if this was a good idea or not, but noteworthy
>that it could even be attempted, i think.  here's the link to the whole
>story, nytimes.
>http://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/28/technology/28BLUE.html?searchpv=day01
>

>--
>
>Michael Herman
>300 West North Avenue #1105
>Chicago IL 60610
>312-280-7838 voice
>312-280-7837 fax
>
>http://www.michaelherman.com
>...an invitation.
>
>*
>*
>Visit:

What is the quality that has no name ?

Some of the project we are currently involved in :
Art and business Folk High school   http://www.concept-for-hire.dk/ost
Open Space on Evaluation of social work   http://www.rorbak.dk/evasoc/
International network of leaders    http://www.fromthefourdirections.org/
Leadership in networks - training of small business leaders
http://www.mg50.dk/gruppe/
Convening strategic  conversations - workshop
http://www.shambhalainstitute.org/
World cafe network - Starting conversations that matter
http://www.theworldcafe.com/ComConversation.html
Exploring leadership in Open Space conference
http://www.managementforum.dk/website/02_pulsen/vis_02_04.shtml?db=aktiviteter&context=pulsen&card=20200769&field=6&value=Seminarer%2Fworkshops

Toke Paludan Møller       InterChange  Aps   - at the edge of nature
- City office at  "DAYS - like this" - Mejlgade 50, st., 8000 C
Århus, Denmark   Ph: +45 70 20 13 35.   Mobile  +45 2616 6919   Fax:
+45 8619 1135
email:  toke at interchange.dk        URL: http://www.interchange.dk
Home office at the lake - Stengaardsvej 5 A,   8600 Silkeborg, Denmark