Last minute (gulp!) help...midnight check in

Averbuch averbuch at post.tau.ac.il
Fri Jan 11 01:03:05 PST 2002

If it is not too late, 2 ideas:
I personally do not like prioritizing because for me it is about exclusion.
Since OS is about inclusion, I use "clusters".

1. During the night ( or if necessary in the morning while they are reading)
to create "clusters", bottom up, of the topics.
 Instead of 35 topics you will end up with 7-9 "clusters".
 Under each cluster you write the topics that compose it .
After people have read all the meetings minutes you show them the "clusters
(I compose them with participants)" and open it to feedback and make the
changes they feel are needed ( move a topic from one cluster to another;
open a new cluster; merge two clusters etc) - the changes are usually a few.

2. After there are agreed upon clusters, I hold a "market place" of
convergence:
    people go up and write their name on the "cluster"  they want to work in
after the OS is over.
     They are asked to note whether they are willing  also to lead that team
or just participate. They can choose more then one team.  The first meeting
of the team can be (preferably) held before closiing the OS circle but it
could be picked up after the OS as long as people put done their names
indicatiing where their passion for application lies now.
Hope it is clear enough
Hope it will go well/went well ---
all my respect for your way of engaging us
best wishes
Tova Averbuch
Israel
averbuch at post.tau.ac.ai