First OS in Sofala Province, Mozambique

john engle englejohn at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 9 05:44:22 PST 2002

jeff,

interesting that you use the words, "fix it." and, that the silence is
viewed as a problem. i don't see it as a problem.

when it comes to group process, i am discovering that i put much more
emphasis on the evolution over time, and less emphasis on what happens
during individual gatherings.

again, i'm always concerned by the precedent that i establish. if people
watch me intervene in a complex situation, and the group gets through it,
which they probably would any way--and if they don't maybe they
shouldnt--then they will always think they need me to help them through the
rough spots. what's worse, is that the other participants in the group, who
probably have their own groups that they work with, will replicate the
behavior and buy into the assumption that s/he needs to "fix it" when people
in a group find themselves sitting in silence.

this conversation is a good opportunity to have my assumptions challenged.
what am i failing to see? ...to take into consideration?

john

MSN Photos est le moyen le plus simple de partager et imprimer vos photos :
http://photos.msn.fr/Support/WorldWide.aspx