good bye

Rachel Bolton rbolton1 at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 7 20:21:43 PST 2002

I just wanted to let you all know why I am leaving the list.  One of the
effects of a worm virus (which is one of the most common) is to clog
everyone's in boxes with many messages, which then clog the system.

Every time a virus reaches this system, there are 10-15 messages in
Most people don't even know their email program has sent a virus, they are
as much a victim as those who receive the viruses.  So the blaming and
naming that goes on here really isn't worth anything.  The damage has been
done and it doesn't seem to me to be of any value to blame someone for
something that can't be changed.

Because of all of this wasted space in my email at least once a week lately,
I am leaving.  It is with regret that I go because there has been some very
interesting dialogue, but it is not serving me to be a part of this anymore.

Sincerely,
Rachel Bolton