Self-Organization is What Consciousness (Spirit) Does

Meg Salter meg.salter at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 3 09:54:37 PST 2002

I read something interesting recently about the role of parasites (curmudgins) in the process of self-organization/ expansion of consciousness:
Parasites force their hosts to evolve an immune system response - to fight off the effect of parasites. (some make it through, some don't.) Then the parasites evolve further to outwit the new immune response - and the host evolves further in self-defense. So - over the long term and large populations - parasites play a critical role in our evolutionary development.

I suspect that the social equivalent of parasites include curmudgins - and other nasty sorts. Tough to deal with, and serve a useful role. It's certainly the way I've been forced to pau attention to things in life - dealing with the tough spots, not the smooth sailing!!

Happy new year to all!!

Meg Salter
meg.salter at sympatico.ca