Glory & Storytelling

michael dobbie mishek_d at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 28 01:36:44 PST 2002

   Glory, if you want another view I didn't take it as
a personal letter. I thought it was great. To me it
just seemed to be the story that you needed to tell at
that moment. The ones with those kind of meaning and
power are the ones we should all somehow be able to
tell...
   ...and it's just so often that we don't...because
the Story is never the 'stories' we've trained
ourselves so well to tell...but it is the one that we
always carry, simply here in each moment. We ourselves
are that greatest Story each moment but just seem so
confused about telling, or knowing how to.
   Ah, to be true those moments, to be able to listen,
to just simply Live and Be the Story we know has to
told.
   But what a struggle and pain it so often ends up
being, yes, mainly for words...and so we have our
poets...and storytellers...
         ...that each ONE OF US IS!
   So lead the way girl!

   I like that saying about the Tao that seems to also
apply to the Story...the Story (the Tao) that you
think you can tell is not the true story (Tao).
   Like the Tao, the Story that needs to be told is
always one step ahead of what our minds perceive, or
would like it to be. All we can hope as storytellers
is, also be storylisteners, surrender ourselves to the
moment, surrender our plans and what we think (one of
the OS principles) and just embrace more fully who we
already are.
   The Story (our Life) is right here, no need to make
it anything more, something bigger or other than,
accept it the way it is and chooses to come out.

   Isn't that OS? There is nothing for us as
practitioners to do except to listen for the space and
be that space, be in our moment...accept and Be who
need to be, not a lot of explaining (which a lot of
'telling stories' and putting a spin on things ends up
being these days).

      all the best,
           Michael.