Typefaces (was Re: journalists in an OS)

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Tue Jan 22 09:53:53 PST 2002

Hi folks:

When sending a message to the list, most mail readers give you option to
send it in plain text or .html.  The problem messages come to us in
.html.

In your mail programs preferences or options there should be am option
to ensure that messages get sent in plain text.  Choosing this option
makes the text easier to read, although it means we can't use all those
fancy colours, bullets and other formatting, but it does ensure that the
messages get through to all loud and clear.

The other great thing about plain text is that it means that people who
receive this list in digest form don't get the message twice, once full
of html tags and codes and once in plain text.

If I get a chance (I am somewhat editorially burned out) I may add this
to the FAQ (which I now send out as plain text).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion on
Journalists...

Chris

PS.  Yes Esther, you are one of the offenders ;-)

NEW EMAIL: chris at chriscorrigan.com

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation
Open Space Technology