journalists in an OS

Averbuch averbuch at post.tau.ac.il
Fri Jan 18 05:04:47 PST 2002

,Dear OSlist friends and colleges
I am looking for help regarding Journalists in OS.

Since I have never done an OS a "semi political" setting and never had journalists in an OS I will appreciate greatly some tips, do/don't from you experiences.

This OS is on the issue of social and community aspects in physical planning (I think it is called social evaluation`).    This move is sponsored initially by two major social and government agencies and while planning, the space opened, and now includes 11 sponsors who are very relevant to the initiative . We are working with a preparatory community for few months now.

The choice of OST as an opening step is meant to invite, generate and unleash energy and passion to take responsible action that is there around this issue and create a structured way to encorporate social and community aspects into phisical planning.

One of the sponsors invited journalists to come to tne os, thinking it is a good idea to "market and raise awareness" to the issue. I feel nervous having Journalists in two ways:

# privacy for the participants

#"polotization" of the conversation.

I shared my apprehension with my clients and told them I'll write to hear your advice. We are listening, please talk to us...

Tova

Israel

PS since I will be away for few days from Sunday  I will write back before then or after I am back, thanks again.T.