First OS in Sofala Province, Mozambique - more on the Dead Moose

Winston Kinch kinch at sympatico.ca
Thu Jan 10 06:18:25 PST 2002

Hey; discoverer of the Dead Moose and creator of the Dead Moose Society (you know who you are)

All this discussion involving the Moose and no comment from its discoverer? As I recall it, the whole idea behind the creation of the Society was to acknowledge the fact that such things (topics too "smelly" for the participants to acknowledge) could and did happen in Open Space and to provide a method of surfacing and resolving them in an atmosphere conducive to the loosening of tongues (a pub) and without compromising OS principles (breathe in now). Of course this won't work with one day events...

I wonder whether there might be a parallel possibility in the society in which this post originally unfolded?

Winston

BTW, if anyone would really like to see what this apparently innocent societal experiment inflicted on the city of Toronto, go to
http://www.bigmeats.net/index.php?meal=meat&dinner=59    But don't say you weren't warned! :-)