New virus attack - a possible hoax

Alan Stewart alan.stewart at senet.com.au
Fri Jan 4 23:56:24 PST 2002

G'day All

Here's a cheery, reassuring message about one of the recent virus warnings, I think about a virus
which is seemingly transmittable without an attachment. Whether this is badtrans I don't know.

And this advice you may find helpful:

"It has been suggested to me that in order to keep a virus from attaching itself to your address book, do the following.

Create a ficticious address, one that starts with a 0 (zero) or anything that will be at the top of your address book.

For example 0001 at virus.com

This way if a virus tries to attach itself to your address book, it will come up that it could not send it because of bad address.
You will then know that you have a virus."

See also: http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

Good to converse, with love

Alan
Adelaide