Nash equilibrium

Peggy Holman peggy at opencirclecompany.com
Thu Jan 3 12:55:13 PST 2002

On a completely new subject, has anyone seen the new movie A Beautiful Mind?  There was a line John Nash speaks to describe the theory that ultimately won him a Nobel Prize that sounded to me like a description of open space at work.

In the movie, he said something like:
"If our individual objectives and collective objective align, then we all win."

I checked out a site that defined the "Nash Equilibrium" in Game Theory as:
A Nash equilibrium is a strategy profile having the property that no player can strictly benefit from unilaterally changing its strategy, while all other players stay fixed.

What intrigues me is that I think someone used mathematics to prove out the usefulness of open space.

Anyone familiar enough with Game Theory to confirm this?

Peggy

Peggy Holman
The Open Circle Company
15347 SE 49th Place