Emergency Response Team - Thanks and update

Lisa Heft lisaheft at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 17 21:33:22 PST 2002

Blake -

I am so proud of you!

Congratulations on having the instinct to send up the signal flare during
that late, late night.  I, too, find that we are a community quick to
respond to stand shoulder to shoulder (or as I like to say, I'll be riding
on your shoulder and whispering things (evil, funny, helpful, not helpful,
things-you-wish-you-could-say-out-loud-in-front-of-the-client) into your ear
as you facilitate.  I'm glad you could feel the warmth, and the support, and
our belief in you.

I think we should start an (imaginary) Open Space store, full of handy-dandy
devices for use by facilitators.  I think we'd have trouble keeping your
Anxiety Defense Shield in stock.

Inflatable shoes, of course, will also be in this store.

Springs for the bottoms of those shoes for jumping into the unknown.

Maybe a few breathing devices.

Storage or even compacting devices for all those things one lets go of.

I'm still thinking...

Thank you for sharing your concerns, your instincts, your challenges and
your successes,

Lisa

- - -
L i s a   H e f t
Consultant, facilitator, educator
Open Space Technology and Experiential Learning

2325 Oregon
Berkeley, California
94705-1106  USA
(+01) 510 548-8449