The Practice of Peace

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Thu Feb 21 14:33:23 PST 2002

Hi ya:

This practice of peace thing is a tough one, and I'm crying right
alongside you.  Tova and Avner are dear to me, and I'm in simple awe of
the work they do.  We need more of this.  MUCH much more of this.

As I have learned over the past five weeks, the events in the middle
east can have very real impacts in my own life.  A few weeks ago I asked
that people keep Danny Pearl in their thoughts and prayers. Today - a
few minutes ago, actually, as I was reading this thread - we found out
that Danny has been killed in Pakistan.  His sister is a very close
friend of ours, and Danny has visited here on a couple of occasions.

Practicing peace is practicing connection I think.  The kind of thing we
support in OST and kind of thing that people like Tova, Avner, Harrison,
Birgitt and many others are doing by holding open that great big space.
I have felt that for many years, long before 9/11, and I feel it keenly
on this rainy, grey North Pacific afternoon.  Peace comes about when the
personal compassion index starts to rise, and making connections,
drawing the world closer to ourselves, is the way to do that.

Keep it up Harrison, Tova, Avner, and everyone else.

Chris

--

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation