The Practice of Peace

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 20 10:11:41 PST 2002

When I was in Israel it became so clear to me that the power we experience in Open Space leads in precisely one direction -- towards Peace. Anything else is simply inconsequesntial. And if we (or at least I) do anything it is The Practice of Peace. On this cold night in February, I am sitting in Gottland, a Swedish Island in the middle of the Baltic Sea -- watching the BBC as the fires of war and madness burn in the middle east. I think of Tova, Avner, and my Palestinian friend Carol -- and I cry. But I also wish to celebrate their willingness to Open Space in the tightest of places. A little rambling for sure, but I beg each one of you on this list around the world to open some space in your heart for those caught in this mad caldron of fire.

Harrison