Answer to Carla: OST "presentation"

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Wed Dec 18 01:34:50 PST 2002

Dear Carla.
Good to "hear" your voice out here. I enjoyed meeting you "down-under"!
When I do "presentations" I usually send the participants some information
before the meeting - to enhance understanding. Then I usually use Whole
Person Process Facilitation (as learnt by Birgitt Williams) for the process.
Once I did this with the management group of an hospital, 13 persons. I had
a little more than an hour.

The schedule went like:
1. Transfer in focusing on the issue at hand(20mts)
2. Short presentation/storytelling about Open Space Technology (15mts)
3. Work in small groups: How can OST help us to...(issue at hand)(15 mts in
small groups, 10 mts sharing in the circle)
4. Further questions (10 mts)
5. Closing circle (10mts)
Before the meeting I sent the participants some basic info about OST. The
meeting worked beutifully they kind of argued for using OST themselves.

Another way I have been thinking about, that I know some of you out there
have used is to do an opening, stop after issues have been raised. And then
talk about OST in the circle.

I hope this may be of assistance to your thinking.
Best regards
Thomas