Butterflies

Toni Petrinovich sacred at anacortes.net
Thu Aug 8 15:53:08 PDT 2002

Peggy, this is SO beautiful and especially in view of the fact that I just finished watching a home video of a man who passed last October whom I knew well.  One of his habits was to sit where squirrels were and be so still that they would eventually crawl all over him (I witnessed this).  Just before his death, he went on a vision quest with the Blackfoot Indians.  At his funeral, in the very front of the altar, was a big picture of his ultimate accomplishment.  Standing so still with his hand outreached that a dove had landed in his hand.  And so, too, the butterflies who hover around us waiting for the outreached hand.

Blessings,
Toni Sar'h