providing information

romy shovelton romys at compuserve.com
Sat Aug 3 03:16:07 PDT 2002

Message text written by OSLIST
> Is it possible to use
OST to facilitate learning about a specific and limited skill-set, like
mediation?<

xxxxxxxx

Julie

my sense would be that it might be best to teach the skill-set separately -
in a way that fits with those skills (and perhaps mindful of OST
principles).......  and THEN to open the space for people to engage with
what mediation (or whatever means for them) eg. using a theme such as you
suggest ("What issues and opportunities do we have to resolve conflict in
our school?" ).  Effectively the young people then have two (at least)
skill sets to engage them.

just a thought

Romy

PS the reason I put info on the walls is then people can use the Law of Two
Feet to engage with it or not, as they wish - no obligation.