providing information

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Aug 2 10:34:32 PDT 2002

Romy--

Good to hear your voice!

One colleague that I have teamed up with to lead a number of workshops always
takes part of the preparation time to consider "subliminals"--brief, written
messages posted on the walls (and never mentioned) which support the
intention of the event or expand on the spoken message.

And once, for a seminar on the subject of the effect of physical spaces on
the organization, I gathered a large number of pictures of buildings and
other spaces, both appealing and unappealing, and posted them all around the
walls of the meeting room.

Michel Grief has written a very interesting book, The Visual Factory:
Building Participation Through Shared Information, about putting an
organization's information in visual form and posting it in an accessible
place, so anyone in the organization can go and get needed information when
they want it.  Reminds me a lot of Harrison's Market Place!

Joelle