Any experience/success with OS in an auditorium?

Susan Partnow susan4ps at ATTBI.COM
Wed Aug 28 21:28:50 PDT 2002

We may be facing a very difficult situation at our Earth Charter Community
Summit, as the facility turns out to have an auditorium with fixed seats.
[Even worse -- if the capacity is exceeded, we will have overflow people in
two separate rooms!]  Has anyone ever successfully opened the market place
in such a setting?  I'd love to hear your stories... to help with a reality
check:  if we cannot find a different facility, perhaps we need to use a
different process than OS!  [and if that is the case:  any suggestions for
processes that can enliven a meeting in a fixed seat/stage setting???!!)
Thanks for your help!
Susan in Seattle