Re sharing contacts and opening more space

romy shovelton romys at compuserve.com
Sat Aug 3 03:16:09 PDT 2002

Message text written by OSLIST
>Hi Romi'

Good to hear from you again
Aproppo 'providing information' I will be very glad to learn what ever
happened with that client I referred to you. Was there an OS, how was it?

(sorry but I do not have your address, my computer address book was erased
and I am rebuilding it)
cheers
Tova averbuch
Israel
averbuch at post.tau.ac.il<

xxxxxxxx

Tova

brilliant to hear from you............ Apologies for not letting you know
the story before...

the contact at LSE led to a totally wonderful organisation called Trafford
Hall (www.traffordhall.com) who create trainings for people from low income
communities.  I find them truly inspiring.  They have asked me to put
together a two-day training which will enable folks from communities with
tensions between black/ethnic minorities and white people, to "break down
the barriers". The idea is to use a wide range of tools and methodologies
(including OST), to help them engage during the two-day event itself and
also to give the people tools to be able to continue the work together
after they return home.  We are also talking of follow-up events + how to
signpost them to further training (eg. engaging in more depth with OST).

I am thrilled with the opportunity of working with these people. I visited
them in Chester (N. Wales) and have outlined what a two-day training might
look like. Right now they are looking for funding for the training, which
they would like to run at the end of the year (and potentially at other
times too).

thanks so much for this link Tova... and forgive my apparently being out of
touch with my beloved Open Space world.....

and thank you for the unbelievably inspiring work that you are doing

all the very best for now

Romy

PS you always have a place to stay if you visit London.  Ask Harrison about
"Shovelton Towers"
PPS this is an open acknowledgement and huge "thank you" (which can never
be huge enough) to HARRISON for your ever present support and overflowing
generosity. You have lead me recently to some other great work - for
Ordnance Survey (the map people here in the UK). A chap called Howard
Bentley (Purple Works), who has much experience of OST himself, contacted
you for ideas of other facilitators - needing a change of face for the
client.  I did a two day (OS for the OS) recently.  The client is great.
They were so thrilled with the result that at the end they said to me "we'd
like to pay you the original fee you mentioned, not the one we negotiated"
!!  How lucky I am.  The key thing for me tho' was doing great work with a
client of great intention.  Thanks again Harrison.  I may not be very
visible at the mo', and the heart is always there.