Corrected: OST for improving working conditions/health in a large hospital

Thomas Herrmann thomas at openspaceconsulting.com
Fri Aug 30 15:38:58 PDT 2002

Dear friends. (sorry about sending the message earlier, before finished! I
tried to "call it back" but that, of course that made the mess worse,
sorry!)

First I would like to thank you for continously sharing your wisdom and
experiences with me!

Again I am asking. Here is the story, so far.
I am working with a group of sponsors for a large hospital in Sweden (about
15 000 employees). Today the hospital has a contract with a company which
helps them improve health ("companyhealthcare" is what we call their job)
and they are part of the sponsorgroup which brought me in. One concern they
have is how they can work together to improve working conditions/helath.
They are thrilled by the idea of using Open Space.

We have had two short meetings so far. I facilitated them using Whole Person
Process Facilitation. In total 14 managers have taken part + two from the
other company, and they have received this very positively, which is a good
sign.

The first idea has been to start of with the 500 or so managers in one great
or multiple smaller conferences. Maybe there would be a possibility to go on
opening space in the different units which probably would mean bringing the
skills of Open Space Technology into the organization. We have also talked
about mixing managers, staff and staff from the contracted company.

I leave it here and ask for you to share with me any experiences and/or
thoughts that could assist me in my proposal. By the way next step is
probably to meet the very top management.
Best regards
Thomas Herrmann         Phone +46 (0)709-98 97 81
Open Space Consulting   Fax   +46 (0)300-713 89
Pensévägen 4
434 46 Kungsbacka, Sweden
Email: thomas at openspaceconsulting.com