Naming matters

Alan Stewart alan.stewart at senet.com.au
Wed Apr 24 16:02:54 PDT 2002

Hi All

A consulting company in Adelaide has recently invited me to join them as
an associate. This arises through their coming to appreciate that OST provides
a way forward in the kind of projects in which they are - and hope to be - engaged.

Two queries:

. What does one call oneself in such a circumstance? Open Space Facilitator and the
name I use on occasion 'Professional Conversationalist' are not sufficiently familiar - yet - in
this part of our little planet.

A lovely possibility which a friend recently suggested 'Collaborateur' is also not likely
to receive ready acceptance - yet.

Any ideas?

. Does anyone have experience of OST for regional consultations, in their broadest sense? Regional
in Australia tends to mean 'country' (as opposed to 'city') or 'non urban' areas. The group which has
approached me wishes to gain a foothold in consulting on diverse projects in such areas.

Good to converse, with love

Alan
Adelaide