A Practice of Peace (Tova Averbuch)

Judi Richardson Richarjl at akerley.nscc.ns.ca
Wed Apr 24 10:46:26 PDT 2002

Hello all who have been nurturing this thread.  Thank you for expanding
this open space....  The topic of "forgiveness" was posted at the Alaska
Becoming a Peacemaker OS, and was well attended by all ages.  Chogyam
Trungpa Rinpoche and Pema Chodron also speak to the Shambhala Buddhist
notion of "basic goodness" in many of their books.

And, Glory, I too have experienced the Dances of Universal Peace in
this part of the world as you described it with someone supporting us by
introducing chants and mantra.  And I recognize that I experience this
over and over.  I love to dance and seek participation in whatever
community I am in.  Last Saturday evening, while in Alaska, Heidi Chay
and her two "fully engaged" daughters, offered me a ride to a local
Fairbanks spot for "contra" dancing.  In any community dance I've
participated in there is the openness, flow and connection you
mentioned, Glory.  On Saturday in Fairbanks, there was an opening to
someone from away who wants to participate and arms to support me
through the dancing, hands to pull me in the right direction, laughter
when I circled left instead of right and bumped into each other, eyes
that held mine (deep into the soul) when we circled to prevent
dizziness, and a request for me to show dances I've learned from other
parts of the world.  No limitations, only possibilities.  No established
and described mantra — and when one gentleman asked me to be in a
circle of very experienced community dancers, I looked at them
tentatively — he looked back at me and offered their mantra:

"Just put on your country attitude"!!

with love and in peace from Atlantic Canada
Judi

In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities;
in the expert's mind, there are few.  (Suzuki Roshi, 1970)
Judith Richardson
Pono Consultants International
Facilitating the Flow of Inspired Collabortation
902 — 435-0308