OST for a city council

Chris Corrigan chris at chriscorrigan.com
Wed Apr 10 19:29:26 PDT 2002

Hi Koos:

I have used OST for this on a couple of occasions that might be
relevant:

1.    Planning services for addressing the plight of urban Aboriginal
people in Vancouver.  This was an OST that brought together politicians
from three levels of government, public servants, service providers and
community members to address issues for action on this agenda,

2.    I am about to facilitate a one day OST meeting in a rural region
of our province which is being billed as a "regional visioning"
exercise. THe idea is to bring together First Nations, local
governments, land owners, logging companies, ranchers, other
stakeholders and community members to set an agenda for a regional
visioning process for this region.  The process is ostensibly tied to
the treaty making process here in British Columbia which is aimed at
settling century old land questions that have never been resolved.
However, the process is also intended, or permitted, to go beyond just
the treaty process into a regional visioning effort for the whole area.

On the planning committee for this we have local First Nations,
representatives from local city and regional governments, a rancher and
a woman representing resource industries like logging and mining.

I'll let you know how that one goes.

I'm sure there are more examples of urban planning that others will
share, but I offer these two from my experience.

--

CHRIS CORRIGAN
Consultation - Facilitation

http://www.chriscorrigan.com