Recording OST notes

Larry Peterson larry at spiritedorg.com
Mon Apr 1 16:39:42 PST 2002

I have had a similar experience to Harrison.  The computer in the room
sets up the scribe to pay more attention to the record than the
discussion.  If they are taking steam of conversation notes, the output
is not as clear as if it were given second thought.  It does not allow
the initiator of the group to do the report, which some prefer to do
since they have a passion for getting the topic stated well.

If the computers are in the room, I would have the typing done after the
conversation and flip chart recording.  Do the summary then.  One client
did it all on lotus notes and set up a server in the hotel so that
laptops in the room can call in and enter the report real time.

Larry

Larry Peterson
Associates in Transformation
Toronto, ON, Canada