No subject

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Thu Apr 11 13:09:05 PDT 2002

Dear Peggy, Michael and you others on the os-list,
thats a grand place for the map right below the planet.
For those of you who have not discovered it yet, there are
instructions (by now or pretty soon not only in German but also in
English, other languages certainly welcome and needed) on how to get
the map onto your own website if you so choose. Neat thing about it:
it will automatically update any additions or other changes that are
put in by my wonderfully inventive webmaster.
At this point I grasp the opportunity to say thanks to Kerry Napuk
who got this thing going. As I remember, his intention was to be able
to tell potential clients that os-t has been introduced in highly
diverse places on every continent (how about Antarctica?). Would be
nice to hear whether any client felt this to be a convincing
argument, among other things, of course.
For me the map is one of the manifestations of the spiritual bonds
that I feel at such occasions as the OSonOSes as in Toronto,Montery,
Chicago, Berlin ... and when returning from other places such as
Denmark (I am on the train from there returning to Berlin) where I
met with Henning Bendsen, Lene Lund, Toke Palludan Moeller, Monica
Nissen, Sven Ole Schmidt,
Jan Hein and others getting ready for the os-training there in June
(a crowd of 65 have signed up with a waiting list building up).
At the same time I appreciate the voices of Bernhard Weber and Erich
Kolenaty reminding us of imperial gestures and deeds that have
created havoc of the worst kind.....and, my thought, that the empires
are still very much alive today capable of surmounting anything we
ever experienced in the past.
hugs
michael

On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:49:13 -0700, Peggy Holman wrote:

>Very cool!  I really like the placement right below the globe!
>
>Peggy

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
Fax2mail: 49-30-263 917 301 521
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK