form follows ...

florian fischer florianfischer at ff-wey.com
Tue Apr 2 09:26:43 PST 2002

dear friends
i apologize for sending in german language
the announcement
of my recently published booklet
about the famous quote "form follows function".
it happened by typing too quickly the mailadresses
of the people which i suppose to be interested.

but perhaps the litttle brochure will serve as well
for english speaking persons,
because i´m quoting as well the entire text of louis h. sullivan
in the original english version:
the tall office building -- artistically considered (1896)
my preface is in german,
the translation from henni korssakoff-schroeder
into german, 1963, is as well in german, of course.

you´ll find there the wonderful sentence:

"It is my belief that it is of the very essence of every problem
that it contains and suggests its own solution.
this i believe to be natural law."

all of you know that already well.

for
my collegues in design and facilitation in germany
i supposed that an important message .

best regards
florian

florian fischer