The Way of the Warrior

Edward Rowland edrowland at compuserve.com
Wed Sep 26 05:30:33 PDT 2001

Message text written by OSLIST
>As Americans we justify our terror because the British were
so powerful and oppressive.  The Islamic Fundamentalist Movement has set
the
US in exactly the same frame and not simply as economically repressive but
in a religious and cultural context.<

There is a lot of this kind of talk in the media at the moment but I think
you need to be much clearer here. Any Muslim who believes in the five
principles is in effect a 'fundamentalist', but very few would 'justify'
the sort of terror we saw two weeks ago, as there is nothing in the Koran
to support it. I think you need to distinguish between the value system and
the mental health and political agendas of certain people who follow it.

All the best
Ed