The Way of the Warrior: Holding Space for The Fourfold Way

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Mon Sep 24 12:13:14 PDT 2001

Harrison--

I agree with you that sometimes the Warrior is needed.  I think we need to
help ensure that the voice of the Way of the Warrior is present among the
many voices calling for war.  And to hold space for the Ways of Healing,
Vision and Teaching are heard as well.

I believe that going to war in a vengeful spirit only fuels the ancient cycle
of revenge.  My prayer at this time is not that God is on our side, but that
we be given the ability to envision where we can go from here.  I don't see
any evidence that our old ways have worked very well.  And to find new ways,
we will need to hear everyone's voices, so holding space on a very large
scale will be needed.

I'm grateful that there is a network around the world of people who have had
some practice!

Joelle Everett
Shelton, WA  USA
jleshelton at aol.com