The answer, according to my daughter

william becker fbbecker at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 21 07:13:42 PDT 2001

I now have a daughter who is 25, studying law full time and holding down a
full-time job at NBC, and it sems only yesterday that she was your
daughter's age and gave such youthful and insightful suggestions,
observations.  In the short intervening 15 years she is now an adult and
more realistic.  A benefit of experience.

Yet there is stong merit in your daughter's insight.  It is not a matter of
either or.  America can do both, build the Mosk and get rid of the
irrational think people who did it, who plan to do more, and others like
them.

Most families have a relative that who suffers from emotional or mental
illusions.  These terrorists  have an illness that short of a puting them
under lock and key and heavy sedation, can not be cured with our spiritual
and medical knowledge and skills as of today.

It is one thing to turn the other cheek, and an entirely different thing to
expose one's backside in the process!

I undersand we are the biggest contributor of aid to Afghanistan ($125
million) as it is.  This has not stopped them from becoming a breeding
ground for terrorists.

In the meantime, your daughter is right.  Feed the monster.  And, so is our
effort to rid ourselves of all the monsters.