Microsoft Word is obviously bringing hidden anti Jewishhate-messages onto our desktops

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Tue Sep 18 08:11:14 PDT 2001

same here.  quite a surprise.  could be a coincidence.  those three letters
were almost certain to stand for something.  would be interesting to find out
how it came about AND i'm not sure about 'obviously bringing hidden anti-jewish
messages... afterall, somebody actually has to type the letters and ms-word
also contains the symbols that can be used for all kinds of messages of hate
and love.  what we put on our desktops is, in the end, up to us.  i am quite
sure that i would never have assembled this particular mix of symbols had this
message not come through today.  makes me wonder if spreading the news of this
situation is a help or harm.  i don't know.  michael

Hape Etzold wrote:

> Dear all,
> as all of you I am deeply shocked about this murderous outbreak of hatred on
> 11th sept. Today somebody seemed to prove to me, that this kind of hatred is
> so deeply rooted, that even Microsoft Software is containing hidden
> hate-messages.
>
> Write in large letters NYC on Microsoft-Word, choose wingdings as the format
> of the font, Word then tranlates NYC into brutal and disgusting sign
> language: Thumbs up for the killing of the Jewish Community.
> Does this appear on your versions of MS-WORD as well? Is it coincidence? Or
> does it say something about some people at Microsoft and the society we are
> living in?
>
> When writing this, I wonder whether it is ok to spread this fact. But Open
> Space is about talking openly. Only when bringing this hatred into the open,
> we can do something about it and deal with it effectively.
>
> Love to you all - Hape concerned and happy to share this concern with you
>
> Viele Grüsse
>
> Hape Etzold
> Combrains
> www.combrains.de
>
> T 030_7712150
>  .·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> .·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ <º))))>< ,.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
> ¸.·´¯`·..·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> .·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·.¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
> .·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ <º))))>< .·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·..·´¯`·.¸

> Visit:

Michael Herman
300 West North Avenue #1105
Chicago IL 60610