WAKE UP AMERICANS

David Koehler Nsdmk at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 20:14:00 PDT 2001

John:

Thank you for the article.  You will be glad to know that conversations on
our role and image in the world are taking place in many corners of our
community.  We do need a wake up call to our arrogant ways.  Tonight in
Peoria, we just had an Interfaith Service of Remembrance and Reflection for
victims of the acts of terrorism, that was truly interfaith.  More than 1000
people gathered to hear prayers of people in the tradition of many different
religions.  It was a first for our small Midwestern City.  The theme of the
evening was that we cannot allow bigotry and racism to further divide and
destroy us.  Next Thursday, many women in Peoria will wear head scarves to
show solidarity with Muslim women, who have been targets of bigotry in our
country merely because of how they dress.  My prayer now is that our US
leaders will in some way "get it," when it comes to our next steps.  The line
between justice and vengeance needs to be clear.

Thanks,
Dave Koehler