Request Feedback on an OS Theme for a Conference on Fatherhood

Richard Schultz jr.schultz at home.com
Sat Sep 8 10:36:47 PDT 2001

Joelle Everett wrote:

"But my experience is that a lot of the healing of our
relationships with our parents has come out of the struggle of raising
our
own children, and our reflection on their becoming parents.  Maybe the
compassion that comes from life, rather than from theory"

Joelle,
Thanks for your comments, Joelle. Personally, I am single with no kids,
so my healing of parental relationship is not coming from raising
children, but as you suggest, from life experience never-the-less.  I am
sure I would learn a whole lot more by being a parent!

I have found that observing the mirror of any relationship, whether it
be the mirror of a child, a friend, a teacher, or a person I share a
moment with, helps me to find healing and compassion.

It seems to me that compassion is about heart, and theory is about mind.
Wisdom involves heart and mind; experience and knowledge.

Richard

with our own fathers is the first step in creating the next generation

of fathers, and more complete men.  >>

Richard--

You may be right.  But my experience is that a lot of the healing of our
relationships with our parents has come out of the struggle of raising
our
own children, and our reflection on their becoming parents.  Maybe the
compassion that comes from life, rather than from theory.

Joelle Everett