Microsoft Word is obviously bringing hidden anti

Koos de Heer koosdhr at auryn.nl
Tue Sep 18 09:39:37 PDT 2001

This is not specific to MS-Word. The font Wingdings is a special font containing just
symbols. Any sequence of letters will generate a sequence of symbols when the font
Wingdings is applied to it. It does not matter whether this is done in Word, or in any
other application like Quark Xpress or whatever. It is just the way the Wingdings
character set is put together. Now I guess the Wingdings character set may well be a
Microsoft product as well. But there are many more lettercombinations that will generate
all sorts of symbol combinations in Wingsings, or in other fonts like Symbol or Webdings
or Outlook. I think we should take care not to become paranoid about this.

Koos