Open Space report, 21 September 2001

Martin Leith martinleith at theinnovationagency.com
Fri Sep 21 07:06:03 PDT 2001

Open Space report, 21 September 2001, 1230 UK time

Convenor and reporter: Martin Leith
Participant: Maria Canney

We formed a circle of six chairs. One was occupied by Maria, the other five
were empty.

I stated the theme: Opportunities and choices for nurturing life as though
creation is precious and our Creator matters.

We discussed the theme and amended it to: Opportunities and choices for
nurturing life because creation is precious, and for harnessing human wisdom
and creativity for the greater good.

We discussed the similarities between this theme and our company’s vision,
which is for a world in which co-creating is the norm.

I reminded us of the four principles and one law of Open Space Technology,
and we talked about basing our business, and our whole lives, on these. The
words ‘Be here now’ seemed to be important to us.

Our matrix of times and places had times on the horizontal axis, reaching
from 2001 to infinity, and places on the vertical axis, reaching from the UK
to the entire cosmos to infinity.

We imagined an Open Space facilitator, invisible and infinitely wise, doing
nothing and holding the space.

We reminded ourselves of all the other people around the world opening space
at this time (1230 UK time) and throughout today.

Our conversations included the book Talking With Angels
(www.daimon.ch/Mallasz4.htm) which has been a profound influence on my life
(see below), A Course in Miracles (likewise) and The Transformation Game,
which for many years featured in my work.

The ‘angels’ say that there are seven souls of life:

CREATED WORLD (matter)

1. Mineral

2. Plant

3. Animal

*      *      *      *      *      *      *

4. Man (sic)

*      *      *      *      *      *      *

CREATING WORLD (glory)

5. Angel (peace, silence)

6. Seraph (radiating force, pure joy, shining power)

7. The Seventh (mystery)

The task of humans is to live on the fourth level and become a conscious
link between the created and the creating world, so that the seven souls are
united. To do this requires love, freedom, giving, awareness and living our
individual tasks.

Imagine a menorah with seven candle holders. The fourth level is the central
candle holder. When humans live up to their full potential, the first candle
holder connects with the seventh, the second with the sixth, and the third
with the fifth. The seven chakras and the seven rays seem to be significant
here too. We should not focus solely on matter (lower chakras), or on spirit
(higher chakras), but on an integration of matter and spirit.

I noticed how Open Space gives people a taste of living on the fourth level.
(Here at The Innovation Agency our code word for this is co-creating.)

The space was declared open. We moved on to the next session.

Martin Leith

www.theinnovationagency.com
www.martinleith.com