Moving Open Space without closing it . . .

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 4 04:49:15 PDT 2001

At 10:49 AM 10/4/01 +0100, Artur wrote:
>In what concerns me, even if my "knowing" of OST has not changed, I tend
>to think that some of my ideas about it have been slightly "readjusted"
>this days. If we consider, as I do, that Harrison's Guide, and some of his
>other books, are the genuine OST, maybe one should question if when we try
>to summarize OST, or on the contrary to develop it, we are always taking the
>more fundamental concepts. I will come back to this some other day,
>as those are subjects that we can analyze with time (maybe after the next
>(prolonged) week end - as tomorrow will be holiday here -- in memory of
>the Republican revolution of 1910).

Artur -- and anybody else -- I think it is always import to remember (at
least for me) that OST was the product of two Martinis, born out of
frustration by way of a joke. That it is powerful, I cannot deny. And I
confess to a certain pride of discovery -- not invention.  However, at the
end of the day it remains, in my mind, a simple vehicle to a much more
profound and prior reality: The Power of Self-Organization. There is no
magic in OST. And I am pretty sure there is no magic in Self-Organization,
although for those of us who believe (or hope) that we or somebody did the
organizing (is in charge) perhaps it looks like magic. So by all means,
let's go as deeply as we can to understand the primal realities of our
world. God knows, some deep thinking would be helpful at the moment. And I
think when we go a little deeper we will discover that OST is just what it
started out being -- a funny thing that happened along the way to our
future -- the product of two Martinis, born out of frustration by way of a
joke.

Harrison

>Harrison Owen

7808 River Falls Drive